Beyond the Bump: Postpartum Wellness Visits
Many parents stress about their pregnancy, labor and birth but often times it’s the postpartum period, when your baby comes home, that is the most overwhelming. Regardless of your type of birth, a postpartum home visit can smooth the transition between labor and caring for your baby at home. A typical home visit is 1-1.5 hours long and includes:
- Maternal physical exam including inspection of incision and/or perineum
- Baby physical exam including weight check
- Baby Nutrition counseling (for formula-fed and breastfed babies)
- Discussion or demonstration regarding well-baby care (cord care, bathing, etc)
- Discussion about immunizations, child care, and pediatricians
In addition to the home visit(s), you will receive unlimited text and email support until 2 weeks after your last visit.
Cost: $150Schedule Now
Lactation Home Visits
Breastfeeding your baby is one of the greatest gifts you can offer your child. While breastfeeding is a natural concept, some parents have a harder time initiating the relationship with their babies than others. Don’t suffer in silence, please allow me to help you. In addition to being a certified lactation counselor, I am also a mother of three breastfed babies. I can attest to the saying that “the first 3 weeks are the hardest.” In an effort to promote healing and encourage rest, I provide lactation visits in the comfort of your home. Lactation home visits include suggestions, instructions and/or return demonstrations on proper latch, baby positioning, nipple care, etc. We can also discuss pumping, pacifiers and returning to work or school. With your permission a electronic report of your lactation visit can be sent to your child’s health care provider.
You will also receive 1 month free of Nurse Nikki On Call services, unlimited text and email support, following your initial visit. [Total Value: $160] Gift certificates are available.
Cost: $100Schedule Now
Parent CPR Classes
Learn CPR. Save your Child’s Life. I will teach you basic infant and child CPR and choking relief techniques so you will feel comfortable rendering aid if an emergency were to occur. The classes are held in your home and at your convenience. While it is my hope that you never have to give CPR, past clients have stated that having the knowledge is empowering. This is a non-certifying course. (If you need CPR certification please visit www.NurseNikkiConsulting.com)
Audience: Parents, Grandparents, Extended family, Babysitter, Nanny.
Cost: $40 per personSchedule Now
Nurse Nikki On Call
Nurse Nikki On Call is a membership service that allows me to offer my knowledge as a family nurse practitioner, lactation counselor, doula and mama of 3 to mothers and families all over the globe. Whether you need a little or a lot, I am your source for reliable, evidence-based support and resources.
Do you have a burning question in the middle of the night or during the weekend? Text me. Email me. Message me. I am here to cater to your prenatal, postpartum and lactation needs. Nurse Nikki On Call also makes a great baby shower gift for expectant or adoptive parents.
- Weekly text messages to check on your:
- Breasts (breastfeeding status)
- Bottom (pregnancy progression or perineal healing)
- Baby (health & growth)
- Brain (mental health status)
- Boo (relationship status with partner)
- Unlimited text & email correspondence
- Personalized Care Plans, Resources and Referrals
- Monthly 30-minute Virtual Wellness Visit via Video Chat or phone call
- Discounts on niknaks by Nurse Nikki products